RNS: Final Results for the Year Ended 30 November 2016
Tuesday, 21 February 2017
Synectics plc (AIM: SNX), a leader in the design, integration, control and management of advanced surveillance technology and networked security systems, reports its audited final results for the year ended 30 November 2016.
- Revenue up 4% to £70.9 million (2015: £68.5 million)
- Underlying profit1 up over 80% to £2.6 million (2015: £1.4 million2)
- Profit before tax £2.0 million (2015: £0.5 million)
- Underlying diluted EPS1 12.4p (2015: 7.2p)
- Diluted EPS 8.8p (2015: 2.5p)
- Net cash at 30 November 2016 £2.2 million (2015: £0.5 million)
- Year-end order book £26.2 million (2015: £26.6 million)
- Recommended final dividend increased to 2.0p per share (2015: 1.0p)
1Underlying profit represents profit before tax and non-underlying items (which comprise restructuring costs and amortisation of acquired intangibles). Underlying earnings per ordinary share are based on profit after tax but before non-underlying items.
2Comparatives for 2015 have been adjusted throughout where necessary to reflect the change in treatment of share-based payments, which, as from the year ended 30 November 2016, have been included within underlying costs.
Commenting on the results, Paul Webb, Chief Executive, said:
“We will continue to build on the progress we have made, and I strongly believe that the actions we have already taken leave us better placed to deliver for our customers, and ultimately our shareholders - now and into the future.
“From our strong heritage in public space surveillance we have developed market-leading positions globally in gaming and oil & gas, as well as the UK bus & coach market.
“Great technology, a flexible attitude, and deep sector expertise are what set Synectics apart – and the business is well positioned for significant further growth.”
For further information, please contact:
David Coghlan, Chairman
Paul Webb, Chief Executive
Mike Stilwell, Finance Director
Tel: +44 (0) 1527 850 080
Stockdale Securities Limited
Tom Griffiths / Henry Willcocks
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7601 6100
Mark Court / Sophie Cowles / Jane Glover
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7466 5000