RNS: Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 31 May 2017
Tuesday, 18 July 2017
Synectics plc (AIM: SNX), a leader in the design, integration, control and management of advanced surveillance technology and networked security systems, reports its unaudited interim results for the six months ended 31 May 2017.
- Revenue up 5% to £33.7 million (2016: £32.1 million)
- Order intake £41.8 million (2016: £38.4 million), a book-to-bill ratio of over 1.2 times
- Order book £33.7 million, up over 28% since the year end
- Underlying profit1 £1.3 million (2016: £0.3 million2)
- Profit before tax £1.3 million (2016: £0.2 million)
- Underlying diluted EPS1 6.2p (2016: 1.2p)
- Return on capital employed 9.9% (2016: 3.5%)
- Net cash as at 31 May 2017 £1.8 million (31 May 2016: net debt £1.7 million)
- Interim dividend of 1.0p (2016: nil)
1 Underlying profit represents profit before tax and non-underlying items (which comprise amortisation of acquired intangibles). Underlying earnings per share are based on profit after tax but before non-underlying items.
2 Comparative figures for 2016 have been re-presented on a directly comparable basis so as to reflect the inclusion of share-based payments within underlying operating costs.
Commenting on the results, Paul Webb, Chief Executive, said:
“Our specialist sector knowledge and understanding of the unique challenges our customers face are what set us apart - whether those challenges relate to protecting people or assets, or to enhancing the experience our clients can offer their own customers.”
“Supporting this proposition with the right people, technology and strategy has seen us secure significant contracts across all of our markets. This has resulted in a strong performance in the first half of 2017 and positions us for further growth.”
For further information, please contact:
Tom Griffiths / Henry Willcocks
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7601 6100
Tel: +44 (0) 161 212 1613