The history of Synectics dates back to the early 1980s and today we are a leader in the design, integration, control and management of advanced surveillance technology and networked security solutions.
Explore 30 years of technology innovation and market development in our downloadable infographic.
- On 31 January 2015 Paul Webb, Executive Director was appointed as Chief Executive.
- In July 2014 Synectics invested in a new 54,000 sq. ft. operational centre of excellence to provide industry-leading support for its global customer base.
- Synectics consolidated its Asia Pacific operations into a dedicated regional headquarters in July 2014.
- Synectics launched Synergy 3 its evolved command & control platform in April 2014.
- In June 2013 the Group established the Far Eastern operational hub with £7 million contract win and subsequent acquisition of Coex Services Asia Pte Ltd in June 2013.
- Full acquisition of Indanet completed in February 2013.
- At the beginning of 2013 all of Synectics proprietary technology-led activities were brought together into a single division (Systems), and the services-led activities into another (Integration & Managed Services).
- Quadnetics Group plc was renamed Synectics plc in July 2012.
- Indanet AG in Munich, Germany acquired in July 2011.
- In June 2009, following the appointment of John Shepherd as CEO in November 2008, the Group reorganised its activities into the following divisions in order to focus on its key market verticals: Transport Systems, Industrial Systems, Network Systems, Integration and Managed Services.
- In June 2006 the Group restructured its activities into two principal businesses, Quadrant Security Group and Synectic Systems Group.
- In November 2005, the Group acquired Protec plc under the terms of a recommended all share offer for the Company. Protec plc was a UK based independent AIM listed, security, technology integration and surveillance business.
- In May 2005 the Group acquired the trade and assets of Alphapoint LLC, a specialist provider of digital surveillance technology, based in California, now trading as Synectic Systems, Inc. The business has become the Group’s North American sales and service base.
- In February 2004, the Group acquired Look CCTV Limited, the UK’s leading supplier of CCTV systems on buses, and Coex Limited, a leading global supplier of CCTV products for the oil/gas and marine industries.
- Synectics plc (formerly Quadnetics Group plc) moved onto the AIM market in January 2002.
- Full listing on London Stock Exchange.
- Synectics is founded.